Home / News / 8 tourists from Kerala found dead in hotel

8 tourists from Kerala found dead in hotel

Eight tourists from Kerala including four children who were holidaying in  Nepal were found dead, possibly due to a gas leak, in their resort room.

The incident occurred in Everest Panorama resort located in Daman, Thaha Municipality of Makawanpur district, in Nepal, on Monday night.
The deceased have been identified as Prabhin Kumar Nair, 39, Sharanya, 34, Renjith Kumar T B, 39, Indu Renjith, 34, and their children Sreebhadra, 9, Abhinav Soorya, 9, Abhi Nair, 7, and Vaishnav Renjith, 2.

According to reports, the victims reportedly used the room heater to keep themselves warm in the resort and they were found unconscious in the locked suite inside the resort in the morning. The police suspect that they died of asphyxiation after inhaling the gas from the gas heater used for warming themselves in the room at night. Nepal witnesses cold wave condition between December and January.
Eight of them stayed in the same room . The eight were found lying in an unconscious state after the hotels’ staff opened the room on Tuesday morning using duplicate keys since they failed to answer the doorbells.

The hotel management arranged to airlift them to HAMS Hospital in Dhumbarahi Kathmandu, where they were declared dead-on-arrival. Since the mercury was very low, all the windows and the door were bolted from inside. Police have also confirmed that in their preliminary assumption is that the tourists might have died due to suffocation caused by lack of ventilation.

Leave a comment

Check Also

NEPSE Index Loses Double Digits to Close at 2,168.53; Five Scrips Hit Positive Circuit

The NEPSE index closed at 2,168.53 today after losing 14.68 points from the last trading ...